“Half of marketing is marketing internally so you can get buy-in…and as the org gets bigger, that job gets harder.”
The main theme of this episode focuses on: people, tools, and processes…
George Huff, the CEO of Opal, leads a MarTech platform used by well-known brands like Target, Starbucks, Whole Foods, 3M, and SAP. Opal’s content operations platform produces exceptional results, such as enabling Target to tell their story and create 300 pieces of content every day. George’s career began in design and technology, but his curiosity about how captivating brands create stories led to the formation of Opal. He surrounds himself with talented individuals and empowers them to find the best solutions. Under George’s leadership, Opal continually innovates to help brands drive results and create meaningful connections with their customers.
Questions and topics we covered include:
- Why is brand alignment so important and the classic struggle with internal silos
- The context that every marketer needs to have to be successful, in any team they’re in
- What sets Opal apart from other content management products
- How does team culture affect the success of a marketing initiative
- Why being able to handle criticism is the best skill for a marketer to learn
- The rituals and routines the Opal team does to help keep momentum going
- Why your manager wants you to be good at selling ideas
Checkout Opal – https://workwithopal.com
Connect with George on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/georgehuff/
Connect with me on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/kennysoto/
Past guests of The People of Digital Marketing include April Dunford, Amanda Goetz, Melissa Rosenthal, Bill Macaitis, Miruna Dragomir, Andrew Capland, Erik Newton, Andy Crestodina, Sarah Bedrick, Michael Wieder, Dan McGaw, Kathleen Booth, Foti Panagiotakopoulos, Tommy Walker, Lea Pica, Maya Grossman, Sara Pion, and more.
Music for this podcast comes from www.davidcuttermusic.com