Pr2Politics: Interview With Raven Robinson
Public Relations, The Political Arena, Advice For College Students, and More…
“Never plan, always be prepared.” - We still haven’t found out…go figure.
Episode 2 is here! Raven Robinson is the owner of Pr2Politics, a consulting firm that offers public relations services to political candidates and emerging public figures. She currently holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from The City College of New York, where she served as the President of their Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) chapter. She is also the author of “Your Campaign: A business owner’s guide to understanding public relations”, a workbook that helps entrepreneurs with their public relations strategies. In 2015, Raven was featured in City & State Magazine as a “Top 40 under 40 Rising Star in Government”. Ms. Robinson is currently the Vice President of Government Affairs for The Women In Entertainment Empowerment Network (WEEN).
- Interview starts. [0:00]
- Raven’s background. [0:33]
- How she began to “bridge the gap.” [6:30]
- Her experience with “Early Twitter.” [8:00]
- Her observations on social media usage from college students. [10:50]
- What should someone consider if they plan to start a career in public relations? [14:24]
- What does entrepreneurship mean to you? [17:15]
- What is a successful life? [22:17]
- What is a personal brand? [23:04]
- Raven’s question for the audience… [24:44]
Book mentioned at the end: “Year of Yes: How to Dance It Out, Stand In the Sun and Be Your Own Person” by Shonda Rhimes